Saturday, October 9, 2010



Use your latent psychic ability, and the clues from this picture of my recent purchase (a 5lb bag of dark chocolate wafers, shot glass for size comparison purposes) to guess whether I will be doing a lot of baking this fall and winter.

If you are intrigued, let me tell you that my absolute favorite cookie recipe can be found at Nosh With Me, a blog that makes me want to run to my KitchenAid mixer and get baking. Every single recipe she posts gets my mouth watering. It helps that we seem to have similar taste preferences. Salty chocolate chip cookies. Salty caramel cookies. Kitchen gadgets of every sort.

I have made this chocolate chip recipe many, many times, and actually have yet to make it exactly as written. For some reason, I can easily get my hands on bread flour, but not cake flour. So I have made it with bread flour and regular flour replacing the cake and I have made it with regular flour in place of both of them. The texture was probably different, but since they weren't side by side compared but they WERE still delicious cookies, I have been happy. I have also made the same recipe but with almonds and dried cranberries instead of the chocolate.

SO yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment